Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Feathermania

A cocktail waitress walks into my bar one day and says, "Hey Mel, check these out."  Buried amongst the thickness of her brown locks were three thin colorful strands of feathers.  Her mom had ordered them on ebay for a little over a dollar a piece and had spent an afternoon adorning her children in a quickly emerging fashion trend.  The waitress and I spent some time formulating theories about whether or not the feathers were real, if they had been dyed and how long they could stay in your hair.  She then, proceeded to tell me that there was a girl at the North Shore Farmers Market who was charging ten dollars to put a single feather in people's hair.

DING!  DING!  DING!  My wheels began turning, instantly.  Ten dollars a feather????  I went home and began researching the method behind feathermania.  

Having about ten thousand dollars remaining on a mortgage in Nicaragua, I've been racking my brain for a way to make a quick buck, pay off the house and get back down to Central America so my boyfriend and I can live happily ever after.  Feathers?  Sure, I thought.  Why not.

Little did I know, how quickly this would become my own obsession.


No comments:

Post a Comment