Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hair Feather Extension Storage Containers

Once I started getting into the hair feather extension business, I encountered some interesting challenges along the way.  One of the first ones was, how to keep the hair feathers straight and organized.  Keeping them in plastic bags wasn't doing the trick because inevitably, they'd get all tangled up!  This runs the risk of damaging the feathers.  If they're every which way, they snag on each other and make ugly little sections.  So, I invested in these:




I bought these at Fisher Hawaii - which is an office supply store.  I would imagine you could find something similar in a hardware store.  I'm not sure what it's original intention is for but the length was pretty appropriate for the feathers.  Some of the Eurohackle would inevitably have to curl at the bottoms  to fit in their compartment, but that's okay because they would straighten right out with a little bit of water.  I would say these boxes are about fourteen inches long and have a nice top that latches shut and could be transported very easily.  It certainly solved my feather storage problem.  They are also really nice because I could take them to craft shows and people could see the colors through the top of the container without touching them!  Needless to say, little kids fingers sure can mess up your stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment